Universal file editing program for BS2000/OSD.
- Supports all BS2000/OSD versions
- Guarantee of upward compatibility
- Universal elementary functions
- Various access methods and sentence formats
- Batch or dialog mode
- Support for the near and far-end periphery
- Compatibility to the x-PRESS-compression
Input/output files can have different access methods and record formats:
- SAM- and ISAM-files are processed record by record,
- PAM and BTAM files, on the other hand, are processed in blocks
- Files of any format (e.g. databases) require the provision of data via an ESR-user interface
All common local and remote peripheral devices are supported. Some elementary functions are:
- Select records according to different search conditions
- Output selected records to files, lists, or data terminals
- Change file properties of the output file compared to the input file as desired
- Prepare input records field by field (restructure)
- Control break processing with arithmetic operations
- Change record contents (update)
- Duplicating data carriers (magnetic tapes/cassettes)
- Creation of check numbers (HASH codes) for files
- Compare files
- Scrolling through print-formatted files on the data display device
- Numerous ready-made ESR-exit programs for specific problems
- View, prepare, print tape files block by block
- Support of JOB and SDF-P variables
- Read PAM files and PLAM elements via standard exits
- 31-bit mode
ESR can run in both batch and dialog mode. The program flow is modified by control instructions.
For further information you can find here a detailed brochure, the links open a PDF-file.
Our software has been successfully active for over 37 years in german federal and state
authorities, private and large banks, social and private insurance, international service
providers, medium-sized companies and large enterprise. Here you will find a brief overview.
Please contact us for further questions or for a non-binding and free test version via the
contact form, by phone or by e-mail.