Inside IRI Workbench, Built on Eclipse™
IRI CoSort® package users get free access to a powerful Eclipse graphical user interface (GUI) for SortCL job design, execution,
deployment, and management. The IRI Workbench GUI can be used instead of, or to facilitate, command-line operations.
The IRI Workbench is a plug-in to the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that helps CoSort users create, modify, share, and execute SortCL jobs and metadata.
SortCL uses simple metadata to define the layouts (DDL) and manipulations (DML) of structured data sources (tables and files). With or without the GUI, SortCL users can perform, and combine:
- data integration (ETL, federation, cleansing)
- data transformation (e.g., filter, sort, join, aggregate, pivot)
- data migration (data, file, database, and endian conversion)
- data masking (e.g., encrypt, mask, de-ID, pseudonymize)
- report generation (detail, delta, summary)
The IRI Workbench provides several new functional and ergonomic features for CoSort SortCL job development, execution, and management as discussed in this section and, generally, here.
The IRI Workbench GUI also supports: