The IRI Workbench GUI
Add Value with Free and Commercial Eclipse Extensions
One of the most powerful aspects of the IRI Workbench GUI is that it is "built on Eclipse"™
The Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE) gives IRI product users:
- A familiar, common GUI, and a shared metadata, job, and workflow management system
- The power to combine products in purpose-driven ways (e.g., the offline reorg wizard)
- Direct data browsing and movement for local and remote files and DBs, plus HDFS
- Ergonomic features like perspective control and text search (e.g., for metadata impact analysis)
- Plug-in interactions for BI/analytics (e.g., BIRT and KNIME), metadata management, data modeling, etc.
- Access to Hadoop (HDFS), mainframe, semi-structured, and unstructured data sources
- The opportunity to use Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) modules from providers like WSO2
So many possibilities!
For example, the Eclipse data tools platform (DTP) plug-in gives IRI software users the ability to browse and edit their source and target databases as they:
- unload in bulk with FACT, and select/filter in CoSort/SortCL or in SQL
- integrate (transform, map, cleanse, unify or segment) it in Voracity ETL operations
- bulk load or insert/update pre-sorted data with CoSort
- mask PII with FieldShieldor DarkShield
- migrate tables with NextForm
- generate test tables with RowGen
- code and run SQL operations
In the same GUI, the results of Voracity, CoSort, and other IRI jobs can feed advanced data visualization plug-ins like BIRT:
For more information about fast data preparation and direct presentation in BIRT, see details here.
There are many other third-party plug-ins for Eclipse, both free and commercial, that you can use in IRI Workbench, see details here.
Contact us to discuss other integration possibilities you have in mind.