FieldShield Platforms & Pricing
Proven, Affordable Data Masking Solutions
Platform and Data Availability
IRI FieldShield jobs work identically across all Linux, Unix, and Windows platforms. FieldShield jobs and library functions can be run from:
- API calls
- batch programs
- database applications
- command-line operations
- The IRI Workbench GUI, built-on Eclipse™
There are no restrictions on table or file sizes, or the number of columns or fields. Most FieldShield functions can be applied to more than 100 single- and multi-byte data types in these sources.
FieldShield is designed for structured fields in files and columns in SQL-oriented (relational) databases. Direct access to RDBMS tables, and many legacy data sources requires ODBC drivers. Among the flat-file formats that FieldShield can protect directly (without drivers) include: CSV (and other delimited), fixed-position text, LDIF, CLR and ELF web logs, Micro Focus Variable Length (MFVL), and Unicode. FieldShield also supports structured versions of MongoDB and Cassandra, as well as flat JSON and XML files, plus structured streaming and Hadoop file data masking in IRI Voracity.
Excel is supported best through CellShield or DarkShield, though FieldShield support for Excel is coming online (ask us about this) through the next version of IRI CoSort. And generally, if you need to mask data in more proprietary, semi-structured, or unstructured data sources, see this page and tell us what you have.
Licensing and Support Information
FieldShield back-end development and production licenses for masking and unmasking data are provided for perpetual use (CapEx) on Windows, Linux, and Unix hardware. With FieldShield, you only pay for the number of on-premise or cloud hostnames where data masking actually runs (the job-executing program is installed), and not the number of users, data sources, cores, etc.
First-copy license fees are between 22.000€ and 30.000€. Additional licenses are discounted in a simultaneous procurement. ISV-embedded runtime and ummasking-only licenses are discounted in volume tiers (one full copy required).
You may only need one license, but most people want more (see the FAQ below). Each hostname-specific license includes:
- any number of IRI Workbench graphical job design and management instances, built on Eclipse™
- integrated PII classification and discovery (plus DB, flat-file, and dark/document data profiling)
- static data masking job wizards, diagrams, and audit trails
- re-ID risk scoring for FERPA and HIPAA Expert Determination Method compliance
- support for dynamic data masking via callable programs or library functions
- support for multiple encryption key management protocols
- discounts on IRI CellShield EE and IRI DarkShield, and credit towards IRI Voracity (total data management) platform upgrades
- full documentation
FieldShield software maintenance (technical support and version updates) is free in the first year, then optionally renewable thereafter at 20% of your license fee base.