Data Masking, De-Identification, Encryption, and More
What is FieldShield?
IRI FieldShield® is a powerful, affordable, and easy-to-use data discovery and masking software for structured data sources (DBs and flat files), big and small. See IRI CellShield if you store PII in Excel or IRI DarkShield if PII is "hidden" in unstructured text sources, including .pdf documents.
What does FieldShield do?
FieldShield shields fields with the compliance industry's broadest array of protection functions. FieldShield provides role-based access controls for sensitive data on a static or dynamic basis to help you comply with the data privacy provisions of CCPA, CIPSEA, FERPA, GLBA, HIPAA/HITECH, HMDA, MISMO, PCI DSS, SOX, and international data privacy laws like the DPA, GDPR, IPDPC, KVKK, PDPA, PIPEDA, and POPI.
FieldShield is the Best Way to:
- Profile, protect, present, and populate data in a familiar integrated development environment (IDE)
- Automatically scan and classify PII and then apply masking functions to those data classes across sources
- Mask big data using your existing systems -- without Hadoop, in-memory databases, or appliances
- De-identify data in one or more sources simultaneously and consistently, based on your business rules
- Specify protection conditions and rules across tables for design efficiency and referential integrity
- Encrypt and de-identify PII without cutting off access to non-sensitive data, or changing its appearance
- Determine the risk of re-identification and generalize quasi-identifiers so they are useful and compliant
- Use auto-created task audit logs, job diagrams and risk score reports verify the actions data privacy laws
- Fold data masking into data transformation, migration, replication, loading, federation, and BI activities
Personally identifiable information (PII), protected health information (PHI), credit card / primary account number (PAN), and other confidential data are commonly stored in databases (DB), flat files, and applications like Excel. Names, addresses, account and contact numbers, etc., are in motion through DB and other applications, and at rest on networks and devices. Whether in transit or at rest, proper stewardship of this data is required to avoid lawsuits, privacy law violations, and reputational damage.